Hi...I submitted my HP laptop for a LCD screen replacement at Micro Center Computer Repairs at their Duluth location. It was a working laptop with just the LCD screen damaged. I could still connect the laptop to my external monitor and work.

After a few days when I went to pick up the laptop, I asked the technician to turn on the laptop to verify that the screen displayed ok, but the laptop just won't stay on. So I was advised by the technician they would need to run a diagnostics and that would cost me an additional $40. I found it hard to believe that after replacing an LCD screen, Micro Center won’t even check if the LCD screen replacement went ok. It is only when I pay for a diagnostic fee, then only they will verify !! With no other choice, I had to agree for the diagnostic fee. Now, after 2 days, they call me back to inform that the computer has a mother board failure and that they have asked HP for a quote ! And guess what the quote from HP came back for a mother board replacement as $850 !!!

So a working laptop turned in just for LCD screen repair. Micro Center screws it up and now I have to pay an additional $850 !!! Is this is how you conduct your business…a complete rip off. Honestly I do not know what to do, where to approach and whom to approach. If there were means, you can recover the data from the hard disk and go through logs to confirm that it indeed was a working laptop till the last minute before I made the trip to Micro Center … Also, what am surprised is even after a screen replacement, you don’t even check if the replacement was done ok. You are already charging labor for the screen replacement !!

I hope someone is reading this post and monitoring… Honestly need some answers.

Thanks,

Bishan.

Review about: Micro Center Laptop Repair.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

MCcustrel
Micro Center Verified Representative

Bishan,Thank you for reaching out, our service manager has reached out and offered a resolution.Thank you for giving us the opportunity to help.