3.3
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I agree that the Micro Center in Madison Heights, MI lacks professionalism, customer service, and good business practices. I was a micro center fan but now this is the third time I have had issues with this branch.

1.) I bought a flat screen Samsung tv that turned out to be referbished that they sold as new. 2.) I spent $3000 with them on a brand new desktop build from scratch which I had them build and install. They said I'd receive a call in a few days, of course I didn't. I call around the 4th day and they say they haven't assigned me a tech yet but they'll get it done and call me when it's ready.

Wow. So not only did it take them about two weeks to build, they ended up scratching one of my side panels and said they didnt have it in stock but they'd order me a new one free and call me. I picked up the computer. Of course no call.

I call them about it and noone knows anything, then after going through at least 3 "managers" the head guy says he will have it for me on such an such date, come in and pick up. Well it just so happens that I decided to install one more thing to "my new baby", and so when I went up there to pick up the panel and drop the computer off, they asked if I wanted them to put the new panel in too. I was already upset so I said no I'll do it myself, and took the new panel home with me. Little did I know that when I came back to pick up my baby, they would give it back to me WITHOUT the panel they scratched.

No side panel at all? Really? Who returns a computer like that? They would not give me my panel back because they said they needed to send the scratched one back.

That was rediculous. The manager said I could come pick up the panel not that I would have to bring the old one in to replace it. And what if I had come to pick up the panel without bringing my computer? They would have given me the panel regardless, so the fact that this manager (white short brown-haired female) made it such a hassle for me, not to mention it was raining and they didn't care that my computer case was now half open.

They said there was nothing they could do after all the $ I just spent. So I told them I wanted a full refund. They proceeded to refun my $3000 over a side panel the could have ordered from Cooler Master free (I checked). Bad business!

I literally was at the counter when I saw a friend of mine who works there (an associate nnot a mgr), and he offered to at least box my computer up so I didn't have to take it out in the rain half opened, which I ended up doing (the mgr couldn't have offered me this or any type of customer service???) And after I vowed to never have them touch my computer again... 3.) The power button starts malfunctioning on this new build after about 4 months. Since its still warranty I have to go back to them again, hopes for better service this time go dow the drain when: At dropoff, the repair attendant says I'll get a call in 2-3 days. After about 8 days still no call.

I call and they tell me my power supply is faulty and they'll replace it and give me a call later that day, and that it should be ready then. While awaiting that call, I call back and they say they don't know if its it's ready and the repair tech is out to lunch and they'll have him give me a call when he gets back. Hours later, still no call. I am still awaiting my computer.

And I am pissed. Don't use this company.

You are better off at Best Buy, at least they are on time, do what they say they will do, don't sell you used products as new, and have professional customer service. Micro Crooks is what you should call those people.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of desktop computer from Micro Center. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Micro Center to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Micro Center for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Hilliard, Ohio, United States #1206260

Hi there,

I just came across your review and wanted to sincerely apologize for all of the trouble you had gone through. Can you email me at custrel@microcenter.com and include this review and your repair order number?

I would like to look into what happened here.

Thanks,