I paid for a $300 extended warranty on my Toshiba laptop. My battery died and the power cord came apart at the adapter (by no fault of my own), so I took it into the store.

I was then informed by the incredibly rude staff member that my warranty did not cover the battery. (Why?) She then said that I would have to leave my entire laptop at the store just to have a new adapter ordered. I explained that I need the laptop for work and couldn't leave it and asked if someone could just put in the order for the new cord. She said no.

I was also told that I would have to pay to backup my data in case the store lost it. I didn't even want to leave the computer with them at all, since it was completely unnecessary.

When I asked why and asked for an explanation of how the warranty works, she walked away from me! I've had nothing but problems with this place form the beginning, do not shop here.

Product or Service Mentioned: Micro Center Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I didn't like: Customer service, Warranty.

Comments

Hilliard, Ohio, United States #966912

Hi there,

I'm sorry this happened at the service department. I can totally understand the frustration.

Is it possible you could email me your repair order details to custrel@microcenter.com along with a copy of this review (for my reference)?

I am happy to help.