5.0

I brought my custom PC (not purchased at microcenter) into microcenter for a diagnostics to find out why it was screen tearing , why the bios was messed up and why my PC was freezing while running programs. I was quoted 3-5 days and paid the fee to run the diagnostics.

Receiving no calls or any contact after 5 days I called in to check on the status. No one answered the phone so I called customer service line and they transferred me. I kindly relayed why I had brought in my computer in the first place to whoever I was talking to because no one told me at that point in time who I was even talking to. I got yessed to death and then rudely put on hold in the middle of me speaking.

The person who put me on hold must not have realized there is a delay in their phone and said "I Put him on hold" While chuckling. This is completely unacceptable. I called to speak with a manager the next day. No manager was available apparently all were on the sales floor.

I called back and demanded to speak with someone to no avail. I was told that an email would be sent out. When i finally got a call back on the ELEVENTH day, I was told my pc was ready. When I had asked why it was taking so long , why no one contacted me to at least just tell me that it would take longer..I was told that it is because they are understaffed.

When I said this was completely unacceptable and I wanted a refund on the price of diagnostics I was told flat out no and that they ran the diagnostics (super rude tone). The next day which is TODAY day 12 I go in to pick my computer up. The tech went to hook it up for me to make sure all was well before releasing it back to my possession. IT DIDN'T BOOT.

SO my computer which i use to run my business has been out of commission for TWELVE days, and NOTHING was done for it. The person behind the knowledge desk gave me a refund on the fee for the diagnostics that I paid. This is simply one of the worst service experiences I have ever had in my entire life. I have never been given the run around so much...

and I like to think of myself as an easy going person working in the service industry as well.

This is unacceptable and someone should really look into the management of this store. I still do not have my PC, I debated taking it back but I don't know what else to do to have it fixed right now.

Product or Service Mentioned: Micro Center Repair.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Overall service.

Comments

Hi there,

I apologize for the frustrating time you've had with your unit in for service with us. Can you email me at custrel@microcenter.com with your contact information and repair order number?

If you could also copy this review into the email as well for my reference, that would be helpful. I hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks,