2.0
Ease of Use
Style and Design

Happened at the St. Louis Park, MN location.

I spend hundreds on a monthly basis, and thousands on a quarterly basis. Not anymore after what happened today. Especially with the new Ryzen 7 release with all the issues I’ve been retuning and exchanging parts to get the system running. I went in to returned three very expensive monitors I bought a week ago that was suffering from very bad back light bleeding.

Prior to returning I even contacted the manufacturer to request assistance to possible solutions, nothing was achieved. Luckily MicroCenter “stands” by their return policy. As the associate was processing my return the manager approached and watched the return process. Towards the end of the process he introduced himself as the manager there and proceeds to question me as to why I am returning the items.

I explained to him that it was because of the very bad back light bleed. He then proceeds to “Review” my account and said I was returning and exchanging too many items and I am costing him business. Now this is where it gets interesting. To quote his words, “I noticed you have been returning and exchanging a lot of stuff lately.

Sir, soon I will no longer be able to have you here as a customer and I will put a stop to it if the returns continue as it looks like you are just purchasing items for testing purposes and returning them. I have to mark them down now and I just lost a lot of profit.” Did this manager just tell me I no longer welcomed here as a customer? And I was abusing the system? Wow, just shocked… I stood there looking at him and the associate; who by the way was also as confused and seemed uncomfortable standing there.

I proceed to question the manager as to why he would assume I would do “testing” on products then return it, and why he would also assumed that I was returning items to get them marked down to a lower price. I asked him to pull up my sales record from my Insider Account and I would be more than happy to explain to him every transaction. To this all he said was, “Oh I have it pulled already and reviewed it and I don’t need your verifications.” Despite this I proceeded to explain the reasons for the exchanges were because I was told by the sales associates when I bought the parts that they were compatible with Ryzen 7/AMD4 release platform when they were not, and that if he would look closely he can see that I exchanged them for the correct parts only and that the exchanges and returns were all during Febuary and March when Ryzen 7/AM4 was released. I also asked if he ever thought that a lot of the information I received was from his associates who by the way seemed to be pushing for sales commission more than actually providing proper information to their customers.

We continue to go back and forth questioning and explaining my exchanges and returns. During the whole process the manager stood there with a smirk on his face looking at me like I was lying. The returns associate who has been there during most of my exchange transactions in getting my Ryzen 7 system up and running apologized after the manager had left stating that he knew why I was exchanging items, but at this point I was a bit irritated and amused that I was literally being told I am no welcome there as a consumer anymore.

That is fine; if that was the message from that manager and company policies, I will be more than happy to give Amazon and Newegg my money and service. I want to support the local retail chains over the online retailers, but I will now cross MicroCenter off my list and will continue through social media and the press to encourage other consumers to avoid this chain.

Product or Service Mentioned: Micro Center Manager.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Hilliard, Ohio, United States #1305162

Hi there,

I apologize for the trouble. Please email me at custrel@microcenter.com with further details and contact information. I am happy to help!

Thanks,