Initially I took my computer in to have a motherboard repaired/replaced which took about 3 months for them to get a new ASUS Board & put it in.

While waiting for the mother-board to come in I discussed having a new hard drive installed with the technician, Tim and backing up the original to the new drive.

During the discussion I was under the impression that the 2TB drive being replaced was a 1TB.

Instead of telling me about that, Tim the MicroCenter Technician put a 1TB drive in with several partitions & just generally screwed the whole thing up.

After I got the machine home and hooked up and saw the state it was in I called and talked to Tim who said that the 1TB drive was what I had asked for and though he knew it would be a problem it wasn't his problem or responsibility.

I agree that it would be unusual for a 3rd class technician to speak up when they see an adjustment to an original request that could avoid a costly problem like this. I also agree with Tim that a 3rd class technician will usually shirk off any responsibility they can.

It would have been simple & much more professional to just remind his client that it was a 2TB drive during our discussions which were very extensive instead of the returning the equipment is such a poor quality state and ruining the audio & video collection that took several years to assemble.

I suggest anyone considering anything other than the simplest of work look for a shop that will stand behind their work a lot better than Microcenter.

Product or Service Mentioned: Micro Center Laptop Repair.

Reason of review: Unproffessional Repair.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments