2.0

Purchased a new motherboard along with a few other items, totaling around $1700. Went home and installed with new chip.

I have built at least 10 computers from ground up. The pins became bent, I believe it was from the mechanism holding the chip in place was to tight. It's a pretty simple process. The same day I went to exchange it..this was around a $270.00 board.

When we got to the store we were told because we didn't pay for the $30 extended warranty and it was damaged they couldn't help. Without saying it, they blamed me for the damage. With no way to prove it at that point, I was out $270.00. IMO they could have offered to charge the $30 extended warranty at that time (it was a matter of a few hours) and had a happy customer.

I will never shop there again. I've probably spent over $6k in that store over the last few years.

They have lost my entire families business over something that could have been a simple solution. When customer service doesn't care about the customer, there is a problem.

Product or Service Mentioned: Micro Center Customer Care.

Comments

#1119728

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble with the board. Can you email me at custrel@microcenter.com with further information and include your receipt reference number and a copy of this review for reference?

Thanks,