Ease of Use
Style and Design

I tried to purchase a computer monitor on Micro Center on Monday 11/20/2017.First I tried to purchase the monitor through their website.

I kept getting un-descriptive and unresolvable errors when trying to process the credit card transaction and after 2 attempts the session would restart and It would kick me back to the homepage with an empty cart where I'd have to start over from the beginning. After a half hour of frustration, I opened a live chat session with them to see if they had any tips. They told me I had to call in and make a phone order. I called in, made a phone order and the rep said the order wouldn't show up in my customer dashboard on their website since the order was placed online but I would receive a tracking number via email within 2-3 days.

On Wednesday 11/23/2017, 3 days later, I had received no such email. I go and check my credit card statement and see that the pending charge for the monitor had been removed completely. Seems like the order was cancelled. I got back on the live chat and told the rep what was going on.

The person took 15 minutes to get back to me and then assured me that my order was not cancelled and that it was awaiting pickup from FedEx. They said once it was picked up from FedEx, I would receive an email with a tracking number. At this point it was the day before Thanksgiving and Black Friday and all of that so I figured I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and wait a week. Mind you I actually urgently need this monitor for work.

One week later on Wednesday 11/29/2017, I get back on the chat because I still had received no tracking number email. Turns out the order was cancelled on Monday 11/27/2017 because they are "out of stock." I somehow knew that was going to happen. The monitor is in stock in several of their physical stores, none of which are remotely close to where I am. What's so hard about placing a label on the box and shipping it?

Why didn't I get an email saying the order was cancelled? Why was I able to place the order in the first place? I typically purchase all of my stuff from Amazon. Why?

The customer service is great and when they make mistakes they own up to them and make things right.

My experience with Micro Center has been the exact opposite.They straight up wasted a decent amount of my time and refuse to make it right.

Review about: Micro Center Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Price.

I didn't like: Customer service, Website, Notifications, Use of technology, Overall competence.

Micro Center Verified Representative

We are very sorry for this experience, we would like to help! Could you please email us with a copy of this review and your contact information to

Thanks again for reaching out to us and we hope to hear from you soon!