I pre-order reserved Window 8 upgrade at Microcenter website for $38.88 on/about 10/22/12 for pickup after 10/26/12 just when we were forced to get ready for a major storm, Hurricane Sandy; I was without power at home for about 2 weeks and only got computer access by driving to next town and using WI-FI offered by McDonald's no indication on website that Westbury, NY store was open, no calls went thru to humans, it was a non-stop loop through automated ***, all representatives helping other customers, and NEVER a human. I tried; one call I actually stayed on the phone 40 minutes.

I sent them 2 very detailed emails including the reservation order number and never got any responses.

Today I finally reach some little twit, told me sale was over and there are NO accomodations for any of the Long Islanders who did order but could not get to store. No online way to verify store standing after storm, no response to email and no working phone services.

Last week I called 5 times in one day and did not even get the automated system.

I used to think this was a great store to purchase electronics, now I am not sure I will ever bother again; even if it means closing the credit card and taking a hit on my credit score as a result. I am very displeased and sent another email; next step is to try to get corporate to hear me as they obviously do nothing on local level.

Comments

Hi Rosey,

I want to apologize for the frustrations you have had with trying to get in touch with someone at the store. Please email me at custrel@microcenter.com with your information and I will contact you promptly to discuss your issue. Thanks so much, and once again i apologize that you had such a frustrating experience.

Sincerely,