Purchased an HP Pavillon laptop from MicroCenter and purchased their 3 yr warranty. When the wireless stopped working, the laptop was taken for repair and has since been taken for repair 4 times. The longest the "repair" worked was about 6 wks. Currently the problem has reoccurred 2 wks after the last repair.

When trying to sell me the warranty the salesman said that if the computer was sent in for repair 3 times, MicroCenter would buy it back. That is completely untrue. MicroCenter will not buy back the computer and wants to send it in yet again for yet another repair. I'm a student and need my computer. I will never purchase another product from MicroCenter again.

Customer service is a joke. They will not help me. They are rude.

Product or Service Mentioned: Micro Center Repair.

Comments

Boston, Massachusetts, United States #724379

this happened to me, the same ththing... I am very disappointed

You say they have attempted to fix it multiple times and even gave you a giftcard for its value... but your subject is that they "do not honor their warranties".

Wow. At least makes some sense when you want to unjustly vent.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Hello,

I am looking for a Laptop Computer for everyday use. I have recently used Gateway T-1620 with Vista Home Premium, and also an Acer Aspire 1520....seems like they are AMD 64x2 Turion TL-56 & 2GB Memory, the Acer Aspire was quicker, and had more RAM..both had about a 250GB HardDrive, and Webcams.

But the USB Ports seem so flimsy, all have broken, from inserting and removing certain accessories. I wanted to find another Laptop, New or Refurbished, from MicroCenter, and have seen some in my Price Range of $400.00 or so...For this price, I have seen quite a few at MicroCenter, that are listed as in Store. Could anyone recommend one in the price area, that would be a good one to pick, reliable.

Id like at least to have 3 USB Ports as well. Please email me with possible suggestions, thanks Ray

Email: rayr0683@comcast.net

We had multi problems with HP laptop. I took it to the store and received top notch service.

I had a similar situation with a gift card for replacement. This was about a month before the service plan expiration.

kcourter456

After calling the main headquarters, a customer svc representative did call and help me out with this issue. I was given a gift card for the value of the computer and was able to pick out another computer as a replacement.

Derry, Pennsylvania, United States #109334

Hello Kcourter456, Please provide me with your transaction number from the receipt. If there has been any updates since this original post, can you update the post.