Brought PC in for service and created a specific admin account for them: microcentertech. When I picked up the machine - 5 days later than promised - I logged in under wiht microcentertech.

It allowed me to access the private files of every user on the machine without ever prompting me to acknowledge that I was granting access for micrcentertech to the private files. Anyone who has ever used an admin account on Win10 knows the admin account is not immediately granted access toa ll files on the machine, but must acknowledge the access the first time it attempts to access files in other accounts. The above means the microcentertech account had been previously used to access all the other user accounts and the tech had snooped all over my machine. Unbelievable.

Thinking of a class action suit. Anyone have a similar experience?

Review about: Micro Center Technical Support.

Reason of review: Needless violation of privacy requiring me to take etraordinary steps to secure all my on-line assets.

Preferred solution: Public disclosure as to when, how often and why microsenter does this and how long they have been doing it and in response to whos request/demands..

I didn't like: Flagrant disregard for privacy.

Comments

MCcustrel
Micro Center Verified Representative

Hello,Thank you for letting us know about this, we would like to look into what happened. Could you please send us details from your work order with a copy of this review to custrel@microcenter.com? Thank you for reaching out to us!