2.0

I went to the store to buy a dvi splitter and a USB media center ir remote. The first I thought for sure they would have - monoprice has one for five bucks. I would have paid up to $20. The first girl was nice but clueless. She sent me to the DIY section. The nerd herd in there was all congregated around the desk, all 5 of them with only one person actually helping customers. Surprise surprise, they don't have the dvi splitter. So I wander around looking at other items. Not once was I asked if I needed help. I wandered back to the DIY section, again a congregation at the desk, I asked about the media center remote and one guy was like, 'uhhhhh, I've heard about those online before but we don't have that here.' and then as I'm saying 'man, 0 for 2 today' the guy goes back to chatting with his fellow nerd herd buddy without another word to me.

Wow. I've gotten better service at self serve car wash.

I've never had good service there, but I've never had it that bad before. Basically what I took away from my experience today - I can find what I need online at Amazon or Monoprice or Newegg, save the money and skip the crappy service.

Preferred solution: Suggest to the store manager that their nerd Herd take basic customer service skills classes.

Comments

Hilliard, Ohio, United States #870191

Hi doehlertim,

I apologize we did not have the items you were looking for and that the sales associate was so short with you. We will definitely address this with the team.

If I can be of further assistance, please email me at custrel@microcenter.com.

I am always happy to help.

Thanks,

James Anderson

Customer Relations

Micro Center

doehlertim
to MCCustrel #870245

I appreciate that. Please note the issue isnt not having the items (although that would have been nice), the issue is really the complete disregard for customer service.

I was willing to pay up to five times the online price for the convenience of getting it now. When I walk out of that store with a very negative impression of the staff, what's my motivation to ever come back? Inventory - no, price - nope, customer service - definitely not.

I hope you actually do something with the staff there, and aren't just paid to spit out empty platitudes to the masses. Please remember, most people don't take the time to report negative experiences, they just take their money elsewhere.

Mr. D.