For years I have been shopping at MicroCenter. At checkout, I have said the same thing, "I'm not in your system, don't want to be, Thank You." Well two weeks ago, the little twit in the vest at the check out counter who has been giving me a snarly look for years for avoiding being in there system says, " Well, HP won't honor the warranty on your printer unless our system records the serial number and your name, address etc." Furthermore, he explains, "Unless your receipt has your name on it, (as our system provide), HP won't honor the warranty."

Well HP denies this. Additionally, the gal I spoke to at the store last week who says she's the general manager, also indicated that this is not a truth and the little twit in the vest was just being too aggressive in getting people registered in their system. Something about an 85% goal, etc., etc.

This week, the operations manager, indicating he was 'The' manager, told me that they have to have customers in the system for serialized item manufacturer warranties to be honored and that the little twit was right (of course, standing there). He declined knowledge of any other store manager and therefore the information I got last week was incorrect.

After all these years, I can no longer trust MicroCenter management or employees at the Westmont, IL.s tore.

Review about: Micro Center Warranty.

Reason of review: Violation of trust, degradation of HP warranty and that employees put themselves before customers..

Preferred solution: The twit with the vest to be 'pink slipped' by December 31, 2014..

Had an Experience with Micro Center?

Comments

Hilliard, Ohio, United States #872017

Hi Quissett,

I apologize for the multiple responses you've received on this.I am happy to help.

Can you email me at custrel@microcenter.com with this review?

I will make sure the correct information is being provided to you and that the issue at the store is addressed.

Thanks,