Went in this week to get a battery backup (UPS) but none of the products had any pricing posted. A sleazy sales guy dressed in plaid, yes, plaid, like a used car salesman, wanted me to go over to a computer and "check current prices as they change daily". Of course, to do that, he needed my name, address, phone number, etc. Instead, I left. What a sleazy way to try to get personal information!

Also, I believe State law requires posted pricing, so I'll be checking on that.

I thought Microcenter was getting better there for a while but the place has gone downhill lately. I also found the exact same product for $124 at Office Depot, where Microcenter had it for a bit more. I was in and out of Office Depot in 5 minutes and knew the price when I looked at it, and they didn't even want to know my name.

Comments

You first say:

(1)

"... Went in this week to get a battery backup (UPS) but none of the products had any pricing posted". A sleazy sales guy dressed in plaid, yes, plaid, like a used car salesman, wanted me to go over to a computer and "check current prices as they change daily"!. Of course, to do that, he needed my name, address, phone number, etc.. Instead, I left'. ..."

Then you say:

(2)

"... I also found the exact same product for $124 at Office Depot, where Microcenter had it for a bit more. I was in and out of Office Depot in 5 minutes and knew the price when I looked at it, and they didn't even want to know my name. ..."

If your statement "(1)" was true, then you would *not* know the Microcenter's price for that item: the salesman wanted to check the price for you, but you declined: "Instead, I left".

But in "(2)" you claim that the same item cost "a bit more" at Microcenter than it cost at Office Depot ($124)!...

Hmm, now you "don't know" the MC price ... now you "do"...

javascript:ac_smilie(';)')

You first say:

(1)

Then you say:

(2)

Hmm, now you "don't know" the MC price ... now you "do"... javascript:ac_smilie(';)')