Calling the Paterson NJ store, 2 days of calling the main number, then the sub menu to get no answer at any department after 5-25 minutes of phone ringing.

Once you call in, you get a lame voice prompt, then you get diverted to a submenu, which lists 6 departments.

I called repeatedly for 2 days on all department.

Finally after 11 hours (business hours) of calling at 5 to 25 minute intervals (time in which each call was dropped by the phone system at microcenter) I was able to reach someone.

I insisted that they carry the phone over to the tech center, and put a person on, that I was not going to continue to go through this BS for another moment.

Now, if microcenter bothered to actually have the phone lines picked up, I could have had an issue that put my business in a a holding pattern resolved 2 days earlier.

In the past I wouldnt mind driving to the store, but I lived in Ohio then, the store was close, and fuel costs were significantly lower....now I live in NJ over an hour from a store.

The fact that I have been a patron of Microcenter for over 20 years, this event has turned me off from them.

I will make every effort in the future to make my tech buys elsewhere.

The value applied is what productivity was lost, not a true monetary cost.

Had an Experience with Micro Center?

Comments

Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States #628351

Where's the web site were customers are told about their poor behaviors.The dirty old men making lead comments to young women who are trying to do their jobs.

Or the person who cannot ask a question without commenting about people's race or nationality?Or the customer who does not take responsibility for damaging product or not knowing how to use it and expecting the store to refund, exchange, or fix for free?!