Ease of Use
Style and Design

Called looking for a product that was marked as local pickup only. Called ahead to verify it was actually in store.

Asked the rep if they had the product in hand as I didn't​ want to drive so far to not be able to pick up the item. The rep said yes the website numbers are always up to date and come down. Took the hour drive down and started searching the shelves. A sales guy walks up and asks to help me, then informs me that they don't have the item and it's been out of stock for weeks.

They haven't been able to fix the website number for a while. So apparently the phone number on the website doesn't call the store but a call center located elsewhere. The rep lied to me about checking that they had the item I needed in hand and wasted 2 hours of my life.

First and last time customer. *** like this is why physical retail is dying.

Comments

Hilliard, Ohio, United States #1336822

Hi there,

I apologize this happened. When looking at our website for a product you want to come to the store for, sometimes we have limited availability and the numbers won't update on the site until the product is actually purchased.

This means it could be in someones cart at the physical store or elsehwere in the store possibly if it was moved. We have a feature on our site called in-store pickup. It does not require you to input any payment information to do it and the store will pull the item for you and let you know within 18 minutes confirming they have it on hold for you or not.

I'm sorry this happened. If I can be of any assistance, please email me at custrel@microcenter.com

Thanks,