2.0

I purchased a PowerSpect B725 in Oct.2015. I didn't open the box until April 2016 since I was waiting to set up a new office. I started up the new system all was fine. I wanted to get access the Bios because I wanted to add another HDD. I was told to go to the tech support in the store. The Tech, older gentleman, told me how. I wrote it down and tried it back at the office, it didn't work after many tries. I came back met withjthe same tech he said it was impossible but I would have to go through the back door. He had appsoluly no patience with anyone coming for tech support.

Finally I took the desktop unit to the store service counter and told them that I couldn't get into the BIOS. The repair tech called me 3 days later and said there was a problem and he fixed it. However he said there would be a charge I told him it was never put into service but he had to charge $99 that was the store (?) policy, he did however say he wouldn't charge. I went to pick up the system, and the charge was $99. I said no!.. They brought the manager out and he said that was the charge. He said while the unit was in Warrenty that it didn't cover software. I said that this had never been started before and the software was MicroCenters software not mine. He refused and walked away and went back to his office. The original screws to hold the sides on the unit were missing and I said I wanted them. The MGR went looking for screws and came back with some that don't fit. He had to go back and find other screws. Not going into all the detail, bottom line he was rude, could have cared less that I was a customer and didn't mind being beligerent in front of other customers. He said infront of other customers that if the repair Tech told me there would be no charge that he would go talk to the tech, review the policy and probaly have him go to training again.

I didn't write to you at that time since I didn't want the repair tech in trouble.

Now to todays situation. I purchased an EVGA GEFORCE GT 970SC because I use two monitors. I installed it set the DVI D and DVI adapters for VGA and hooked up my monitor. ASUS 27" Unfortunately the monitor only works with the onboard VGA. I took the B875 in on Saturday to be looked at and to try and fine if something was wrong. Today 6/14 I was told it all worked fine. The graphics card and Desktop. I asked if they hooke the system up to a monitor and was told it all worked fine.. The said nothing was wrong. The tech told me to change the IRQ for my ASUS 27" and it will work. I asked the tech, how do you do that. He responded that I neede to come in and talk to the Tech Support and take some training.. I asked just tell me how to change the IRQ. "Come in to Tech Support" he wouldn't tell me.

I went to pick up the PC and while I was standing there another customer was argueing with the Service Manager. The customer said he just bought the new Desktop 1 week and it wasn't working. The Manager said it was going to cost to repair it.. Again a software problem...Micro Center Desktop with Micro Center Software. I know MicroCenter doesn't write the programs but it is your system.

My name is David Cutlip

Aquatic Solutions Inc.

6312 Charnwood Street

Springfield, VA 22152

703-635-8646

Product or Service Mentioned: Micro Center Laptop Repair.

I didn't like: Overall service, See previous.

Comments