2.4
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I purchased items for a computer build from Micro Center because the prices were cheap. To me the savings was worth a 1.5 hour drive to their location.

When I got home I attempted to test the parts by "Breadboarding" the mobo, cpu, ram and psu (computer parts). Well the mobo was a dud and I could not proceed any further. So I drove back to get a replacement. After returning home and replacing the mobo, turns out the cpu and ram was also bad.

After a slightly more infuriating trip to get replacements I got back and it worked! Then I assembled everything in the case then turned it on. The graphics card is dead... Of the 6 parts I purchased from Micro Center 4 were defective!

That's not coincidence, that is a pattern. Its a store full of expensive, ugly paperweights that look like computer parts. How is it still in business?

No wonder the parts are cheap it is the only thing it has going for it. Thank you Micro Center for wasting 8 hours of my time and lots of gas and wear and tear on my car, that probably cost much more then buying a overpriced brand name computer and paying the high end insured shipping costs.

Product or Service Mentioned: Micro Center Computer Accessories.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Micro center staff.

I didn't like: Defective parts, Customer service, No help.

Comments

Hilliard, Ohio, United States #1261270

Hi there,

I apologize for the trouble. Can you email me at custrel@microcenter.com with your purchase information?

We want to look into what these products were that you had trouble with so this doesn't happen again in the future.

Thanks,