1.8
Ease of Use

I have never been so disappointed ever for the degrading customer service received recently. My son is a sophomore at UTA, and we dropped his laptop that has 2 extra year warranty paid besides the one-year manufacture warranty, for anything that could happen to the laptop.

A hinge and a screw was missing from the lid of the laptop. When we dropped it at the Center, they told us that it would take about 4 days for it to be fixed. Unfortunately, this is the 19th day and yet there is not sign the laptop being fixed. On top of that, the manager, by the name John, at Micro Center locate at Spring Valley and 75 central in Dallas, TX, was the rudest and most argumentative ever.

Just because I have accent, it treated me as a second class citizen. It was an awful feeling due to his condescending tone. He even argued that the warranty has expired last year and had to pay another $350. Thank God, I had the receipt and challenged him to verify.

Ironically, found out that he was pulling someone else's repair case. Anyhow, my son is still without his laptop at college; which is highly inconvenient for a Pre-med student. I really do not know how to proceed here, but, I would like to bring this to potential customers’ attention so then can be warned. In the meantime, I would be seeking other legal means to make my voice heard and prevent this from happening to other customers.

Thank you. Repair # is rp1701070541@@1.

In case Micro Center would like to know who this complaint is coming from.  Thank you SZ

Review about: Micro Center Laptop Repair.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Hilliard, Ohio, United States #1279651

I apologize for the trouble SZ. Thank you for letting us know this has been resolved.

Thanks,

James

Customer Relations

Micro Center

custrel@microcenter.com

Springfield, Virginia, United States #1276564

Finally, the issue has now been resolved. A full refund (Store credit) to purchase a new lap top has been issued.

Thank you.