I recently visited the Tustin CA microcenter for a warranty repair. My daughter spilled water on her keyboard 1 week before the replacement warranty expired.

She was out of state at the time so we had to wait until she came back to take it in for repair. We had 4 days left to the warranty expiration and took it in for repair or replacement. We waited 3 days (just as quoted) to hear from the service department only to find out that the computer was "fine and had no issues". When my husband went to pick up the computer the day after the warranty expired as they stated and he asked how it could be fine when water was literally pouring out of it when turned to the side and asked if they would stand behind their work if he took it home and it did not work.

They told him there were not any problems. When he asked how it was fine again and said "so you mean to tell me that you can pour water on a computer and it will be fine? I want to speak with a manager!" They took the comment as a threat and called the police then banned him from the store and a manager would not talk to him........ Really what the *** you can't ask to speak with a manager at this location.

(The store manager at the St. Louis location thanked us for our business. We have purchased 5 computers and a 47" tv from their store. We also had to take the computers in for repair at the St Louis location and NEVER had a problem.) Needless to say we take my daughters computer home and what do you know after about an hour working on her computer the screen flickers and shuts off and will not turn back on.

So I take her computer back and that is when the service manager comes to talk to me and states that the computer is out of warranty and due to the issues with my husband he must email and call people on the east coast in order to make "accommodations" in order to see if he can even help me or I could wait until this winter when we move back to Missouri and take the computer to the St Louis store with his service order for repair or replacement. I told him that I wouldn't wait until December to get it fixed because that would be 6 months after the warranty and I was sure that it wouldn't be fixed.....I will be very surprised if they resolve the issue.

BEWARE OF THIS LOCATION during my waiting in line to see IF he would help me several other people were unhappy with their service as well....I was very sad that our favorite electronic store was such a let down after we moved. I am not sure if I will EVER return to a microcenter if the issue is not resolved.

Product or Service Mentioned: Micro Center Repair.

Comments

I realize these comments are well after the event but after tripping on this complaint, I thought you should here some reasoning for both points. The first issue is spilling fluids in a computer.

Unless you have some kind of "no questions asked" no fault warranty, liquid spilled in to a computer is not covered under any standard factory warranty. You would normally have to pay for any damage caused by the liquids...period. The issue of timing and when you brought the unit in for repair vs how long you had left on your warranty is simply not a factor in your problem. If you brought it in before the warranty expired, it would be covered.

If they fixed the unit and you took it home and while you had it home it repeats the original symptom(s), any manager would approve repair under the warranty if you take it back in a reasonable time frame (typically no more than 30 days after the repair). Even if they didn't fix anything ***', by testing the system and reporting that it passes all tests is a form of repair. Seond point, when you return any product for a warranty repair, never argue with a customer service clerk. They have no decision making authority and they likley don't even influence those who are.

In fact, they are normally kids. If the clerk says something you don't agree with, immediately ask for the manager so that you can begin to resolve the dispute with someone that can offer direct help. If you get "company policy" quoted to you and it's not in your favor, take the unit home and immediately email customer service at their corporate HQ explaining what exactly happened to you at one of their stores and state why you disagree with their position.

I even copy the computer maker (Sony, Dell, Lenovo, etc) on the email so the retailer clearly understands you're serious and want results. If you take this approach, you will surely get the response and results you need.

Calling the cops is bad for business. Your husband must have been extremely hostile and out of control.

I applaud microcenter for not giving in to childish tantrums.

Acting like that does not, and should not, get you anywhere. Even if you had a case, learn simple decency!

I applaud microcenter for not giving in to childish tantrums.

wait you spilled water water all over your laptop, you have 4 days to return it you wait 3 days and you come when you barely have 1 day left. Then you flip over the laptop and it's pouring water out of it but you still take it home??

Lady you're either the worst customer on the planet, a true nightmare or you need to go back to English 101 because your writing really makes no sense.

either way you screwed up your laptop and being unreasonable. you have no claim :p