i highly doubt i will ever return to Micro Center or ever recommend it to anybody. My faulty xBox has been taken for a repair, but I did not get a new xBox.

I was offered a gift card for the amount i have paid for my xBox, but without the tax, which means I had to pay double tax for the same item. When i complained about it, i was told to call DeBlasio as it is his fault. Then we were ushered to the cash register where we were offered a new Xbox, unfortunately as I am not a gamer, i did not notice that it was not the same version, this one without Kinect. The difference in price, as it was $100 less, was attributed to the fact that the xBox has been on the market a while.

We were also charged for another 2-year protection plan, although the previous plan was not expired yet. So in fact we have paid for two 2-year protection plans, which are worth nothing in Micro Center. To sum up, over a year ago we have paid $550 for an xbox kinect and $70 for a protection plan. What I have at home is a $399 xBox plus another protection plan, this one less expensive, as the price has also gone down.

This way, Micro center made money on my 7 year old, who is the gamer in the family. Shame on you, I will gladly share this opinion on all social media accounts.

Product or Service Mentioned: Micro Center Protection Plan.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Comments

I apologize for the confusion with the warranty here. I am happy to look into this with you.

Please email me at custrel@microcenter.com with your receipt reference numbers, a copy of this review, and a good number to reach you at. I hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks,

James

Customer Relations

Micro Center

custrel@microcenter.com

Randolph, Massachusetts, United States #1014482

The sales tax is only good for 90 days. After that you have to pay the tax again.

This a rule of the Mass Department of Revenue, not Microcenter. It happened to me on a watch I bought. It was defective a year later. I could not retrieve the sales tax.

I did get back my original price I paid for it, however no tax. I am not an employee of Microcenter and have never been there.