i highly doubt i will ever return to Micro Center or ever recommend it to anybody. My faulty xBox has been taken for a repair, but I did not get a new xBox.

I was offered a gift card for the amount i have paid for my xBox, but without the tax, which means I had to pay double tax for the same item. When i complained about it, i was told to call DeBlasio as it is his fault. Then we were ushered to the cash register where we were offered a new Xbox, unfortunately as I am not a gamer, i did not notice that it was not the same version, this one without Kinect. The difference in price, as it was $100 less, was attributed to the fact that the xBox has been on the market a while.

We were also charged for another 2-year protection plan, although the previous plan was not expired yet. So in fact we have paid for two 2-year protection plans, which are worth nothing in Micro Center. To sum up, over a year ago we have paid $550 for an xbox kinect and $70 for a protection plan. What I have at home is a $399 xBox plus another protection plan, this one less expensive, as the price has also gone down.

This way, Micro center made money on my 7 year old, who is the gamer in the family. Shame on you, I will gladly share this opinion on all social media accounts.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $220. The author is overall dissatisfied with Micro Center. The most disappointing about micro center protection plan from Micro Center was customer service Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Micro Center.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Appliances and Electronics category for more informed decision or compare Micro Center to other companies on our site.

Comments

I apologize for the confusion with the warranty here. I am happy to look into this with you.

Please email me at custrel@microcenter.com with your receipt reference numbers, a copy of this review, and a good number to reach you at. I hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks,

James

Customer Relations

Micro Center

custrel@microcenter.com

Randolph, Massachusetts, United States #1014482

The sales tax is only good for 90 days. After that you have to pay the tax again.

This a rule of the Mass Department of Revenue, not Microcenter. It happened to me on a watch I bought. It was defective a year later. I could not retrieve the sales tax.

I did get back my original price I paid for it, however no tax. I am not an employee of Microcenter and have never been there.